Thursday, February 27, 2014

The Armstrong Lie

For the past few days I've been scouring the 'net for sports documentaries to watch. For me, it helps motivate me in training, especially when I feel that I'm headed downward mentally.

I've watched 3 films so far this week, with the first one being The Armstrong Lie.

It's a good film on a director's narrative of his 2009 documentary of Lance's return to the Tour de France, and the different interviews relating the cyclist's doping allegations and eventual confession.

My fav part was the ascend on Mt. Ventoux ("that fucking mountain" as Lance would put it). I don't want to give details but I totally agreed with Bill Strickland and Alex Gibney when they commented on that stage of the 2009 tour and how Lance performed.



The film motivated me not to dope (of course!), but to train all the more since doping makes winning artificial. It's better to stand on the podium knowing that you did it cleanly.

Yes, I hope to stand on a race podium after all the training that I'm doing now.

Anyone can dream, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment