As 2018 comes to an end, it's time to look back at the goals I set last January and see how I fared in terms of trying to achieve them.
- Milo 21k. - DONE. Achieved sub-2:30 to meet the cutoff.
- BikeKing Duathlon. - DONE. Achieved a PR in terms of average pace
- National Duathlon Championships. - NOT DONE. This race got canceled.
- One (or two) PhilDua Races. NOT DONE. It was either conflict with weekend life priorities or sometimes plain unpreparedness.
- Pinoy Fitness Sub1 10. DONE. Achieved a Sub60 to meet the cutoff.
- One local 21k race before Milo 21k. NOT DONE. Wasn't able to schedule this unfortunately.
- One international 10k or 21k race. NOT DONE. Went to Korea last summer but wasn't able to find a race during our stay there. Will be in Japan after Christmas but also haven't found any race there....yet.
- Lose 15 lbs. FAILED. Ugh!!!
- Achieve a peak CTL of 75. FAILED. Was only able to reach the lower 50s.
- Achieve a bike FTP of 210. FAILED. Was only able to peak at 180+ but went back to 169 after a few weeks of no training. But I am still happy with the improvements I've made on bike, having increased my FTP from 155 to 169 since Nov 2017.
- Set a sub-2:20 21k and a sub-1 10k. FAILED on the 21k but DONE on the 10k.
- Ride for 100km. FAILED.
If I were to score this overall based on count (total of 12 items), I will get a disappointing achievement rate of 37.5% ---not really something to be proud of.
Well, there's 2019 to look forward to. I hope to race more (raced only thrice this year) and tick more items on my Fitness Goals list.
But then, with all that's happening with me with family and work priorities, I am still (somewhat) happy to being able to squeeze in my trainings whenever I can despite the hectic sked.
I just need to put in more in terms of delivering the goods (Fitness Goals) and more will power to train at a higher level (to register for more races).
Hopefully it will be a better score for me on 2019.
How was your 2018?