Monday, July 11, 2011

Next race: A 10-miler

10-mile (16km) races don't come very often. There's 3k, 5k, 10k, and 21k events that often come up every race weekend, but rarely/never a 10-miler.

The first (and last) 16k race that I ran was in 2009 (Botak Paa-Tibayan in UP) wherein I set a 1:49 PR. I'm not really sure why, but I have this fascination with the 10-mile distance. It's often my favorite number when it comes to weekend long runs, especially that I already have a fixed route from home to Greenhills to San Juan then back to home.

16k. 10miles.

It just sounds perfect.

Well, thanks to takbo.PH, I'll be able to race that distance again on the 24th. I've DNS'ed last year's takbo.PH race (overslept) so I hope to have no problems waking up for this year's version.

See you there!

2 comments:

  1. set two alarm clocks this time around. hehe. good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dennis, will definitely do that! hehe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete