Tuesday, July 5, 2016

Taper Time!


Ran long on these past few Sundays (14.2km, 16km, and 18km) along with the needed speedwork and tempo midweek runs. As I am now on taper mode, I am hoping that all that (hard) work will be enough to get me to the finish line after 21kms come July 17 Sunday at the TakboPH BGC race.


Lovin' the singlet btw! :)

I estimate my time to be somewhere between 2:35 to 2:45 based on my training logs. Not anywhere near my 21k PR of 2;14, but I will take it after a long hiatus from half marathon racing.

It will be important that I stick to my strategy for this race:


  1. Gel every 45mins to 1hr
  2. Keep hydrated
  3. "Run tall" to maintain good running form
The last item above really helped in my 18km run last Sunday as I felt good all throughout the run which I finished at 2:21 and change. 

Boom!


Loving this taper period so far as it gives me a chance to get my cycling form back, with the running volume lessened. This'll be a good start to prepare myself for next month's Philippine Duathlon Series Leg 4, which is a 10k-40k-5k affair in Clark.




2 comments:

  1. Hope to see you on Sunday's 21K. I will be even slower than you. Haha. Good luck to us both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Rico! Saw and greeted u along the race course last Sunday. Hope u had a good time too! :)

    ReplyDelete