Monday, November 23, 2015

Race Review: BGC Cycle Philippines 2015 (40km Challenge)

THE GOOD:

  1. Accurate race distance (40km)
  2. Sufficient marshals
  3. Great race org c/o Sunrise

FOR IMPROVEMENT:

  1. None that I could think of at the moment.

MY RACE:

I wasn't expecting a good time on this one as I was 10lbs heavier than last year. Training has been so-so as well but I had more hill trainings this year compared to 2014.

At the end of numerous pushes on the flats at 100% FTP and keeping it in control on the Buendia flyover (twice), I finished at 1:20 (Garmin time) which was only about a minute or so slower than the Alaska race in MOA last May.

The cycling gods were generous.

Still, lots of improvement as I close my cycling season this 2015. Hoping for better race results next year as my 1:13 PR on 40km cycling races still stands.

Happy with my race time!

No comments:

Post a Comment