Monday, February 18, 2013

Pain and Suffering: The Pasig Ribbon Route

Seeing that it was good Sunday morning for a ride, I ventured outside my usual neighborhood route in QC and found myself in Pasig. As I was planning to ride my bike around Nasugbu this coming weekend, I had to prepare myself for hills, in which I thought of that climb that is Capt. Javier Street next to ULTRA, Pasig.

So I went there with my trusty two-wheeler. Capt. Javier must've been one strict dude if I were to base it on that hill since it was a long and arduous climb. I had to rest after 1 climb and found myself another neat loop. It was a flat and fast course this time, with a 7-8 man peloton rushing by me quite a few times.

By the end of that ride (including 2 more Javier climbs!) I surprised myself by logging my first 50km ride, my longest even on a run!

I will definitely ride this route again. It is a 2-loop combination wherein 1 is for hill training (pain) and the other is for fast tempo times (suffering).

I saw a handful of runners as well so this is definitely a good place for endurance freaks. Just be mindful of that section wherein you turn right to C5, a major highway. I reco that you go only on Sundays to this route to enjoy a traffic-less ride.

Just look at that climb!

Click on the pic for a larger view

No comments:

Post a Comment