Sunday, February 24, 2013

Riding Long in Batangas

I was very excited for this weekend's family vacation in Nasugbu, Batangas. Of course I get to have quality time with my family but, more importantly for us endurance geeks, I planned a long ride while we're here.

Well, I was able to do that today, riding on the National Road from our resort in Nasugbu thru Matabungkay  then Calatagan ---and back. There were two extreme (long!!!) twisting climbs that had me choosing the granny gear and left me breathing hard at a pedestrian 10kmh. But the ride all in all was well worth it.

Total kms = 60.

Amazing to have logged such progress since accomplishing a 50km ride last week.

And yes, logging my first century ride is not too far off.

Salamat Batangas!

Taken after the first 60mins. The first hard climb folllowed then after.

2 comments:

  1. Sweet man! Cheers to doing a century ride soon enough man.

    ReplyDelete