Thursday, August 2, 2012

Humongous


All four of my full marathon medals. Man, that 4.3-inch medal from last Sunday's race is huuuge! It represents all the hard work that I've done for the last 16 weeks prior to the race. This one will definitely have a special place in my planned medal picture frame (probably after a few more marathons, hehe...).

No wonder I heard stories of desperate runners cheating their way throughout the race route (making their own U-turns) or handing their racebibs (since the chip is attached) to a faster runner just to get a hand of one of these (oversized) babies.

Tsk tsk, whoever you guys (or gals) are, I hope you find it in your heart to dig a hole in the ground and bury yourself with that medal that you so shamelessly took by cheating. You have done a grave sacrilege on the Milo Marathon and the sport of running as a whole.

I bet Mang Felix can even overtake you in a 5k race any day.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment