Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Itching to Race

As (tough) luck would have it, the PhilDua Leg3 @ Nuvali was moved by the organizer from Jun24 to Aug 26. Venue moved to Clark as well.

So there won't be any duathlon for me until probably Sept 9 which is my much awaited A-Race:

The BikeKing Duathlon. :D

Yup, I already registered for it today so serious training time is a must. No more dilly-dallying on whether to go outside for a run or ride my bike for another Trainerroad session. No more whimpy, lazy excuses, hehe.

***

Another race that I'm waiting for is the end July Milo 21k. There's not been any announcement yet on whether online registration is already open so I have to wait 'til then. I *think* I'm ready for it distance-wise so the only thing I need to work on is my pace which is severely lacking at this point.

***

Work has been peppered lately with overnight system activities so precious training time has been decreasing as I need to recover with sleep. Hopefully I can find a way to schedule my run/bike sessions so that I still maintain the weekly volume in order to keep my fitness up.

***

A big congratulations btw to all the finishers of the recently concluded Ironman Philippines @ Subic. Time to rest, boys and girls!

And yes, you deserve that long deprived pizza and pasta! Enjoy! :D


No comments:

Post a Comment