Friday, September 25, 2015

BikeKing Duathlon 2015: Am I Ready?



Based on my TP PmC readings, I am not ready. I believe I can finish the race but not in PR-beating fashion. My PR for this race is a 3:29 from last year's version which has the exact same route as this year. Yup, including that last long bike climb towards T2 which made me run-walk the Run2 leg.

Tsk tsk. This is gonna hurt.

But I'm thinking positive as (1) I believe I'm better on the bike now compared to last year, particularly improving on my climbing skills, (2) I know the race route thus I can plan my target paces to hopefully still beat my PR, and (3) I've learned my lesson on that Run2 leg from last year. I will need to be patient with my bike pace so as to leave a little more for that remaining 4k run.

But yeah, I'll try to have fun while on that 6k-60k-4k sufferfest that is the SCTEX Duathlon.

Here we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment