As 2018 comes to an end, it's time to look back at the goals I set last January and see how I fared in terms of trying to achieve them.
- Milo 21k. - DONE. Achieved sub-2:30 to meet the cutoff.
- BikeKing Duathlon. - DONE. Achieved a PR in terms of average pace
- National Duathlon Championships. - NOT DONE. This race got canceled.
- One (or two) PhilDua Races. NOT DONE. It was either conflict with weekend life priorities or sometimes plain unpreparedness.
- Pinoy Fitness Sub1 10. DONE. Achieved a Sub60 to meet the cutoff.
- One local 21k race before Milo 21k. NOT DONE. Wasn't able to schedule this unfortunately.
- One international 10k or 21k race. NOT DONE. Went to Korea last summer but wasn't able to find a race during our stay there. Will be in Japan after Christmas but also haven't found any race there....yet.
- Lose 15 lbs. FAILED. Ugh!!!
- Achieve a peak CTL of 75. FAILED. Was only able to reach the lower 50s.
- Achieve a bike FTP of 210. FAILED. Was only able to peak at 180+ but went back to 169 after a few weeks of no training. But I am still happy with the improvements I've made on bike, having increased my FTP from 155 to 169 since Nov 2017.
- Set a sub-2:20 21k and a sub-1 10k. FAILED on the 21k but DONE on the 10k.
- Ride for 100km. FAILED.