Wednesday, February 3, 2016
July 31 is the announced date for the 40th edition of the Milo Marathon Manila Eliminations.
I am now 42 years old.
42 at 42.
Has a nice ring to it.
Shall we climb the mountain again?
Saturday, January 16, 2016
2016 training has been good so far as I have managed to get back to the 40 TSS level. It's still a far cry from my 'kundisyon' days when I peaked at 70 TSS. Things that have aided me since the start of the year:
1. Boxing. I signed up with the nearby Penalosa Boxing gym at a good rate. A 1 hour session costs 200.00 for members and 300.00 for non members. The workout gives a good burn and fun too as I try my dorkiest best to imitate Pacquiao. It's a good cross training from my usual runs and rides.
2. Nuvali. Although not often (yet), Saturday mornings are reserved for brief rides at Nuvali. A good 2 hour ride there at moderate to tempo intensities gives me around 150 to 180 TSS.
3. Myfitnesspal. Yup, back to calorie counting to aid me in getting back in racing shape. Losing weight is tough, especially with the extra 10lbs I gained last year. So I hope to religiously log my calorie intake and burn daily to make me conscious of what I eat.
That's all for now. Just trying out this Blogaway Android app which should help me blog more often.
Now go train!
Monday, November 23, 2015
- Accurate race distance (40km)
- Sufficient marshals
- Great race org c/o Sunrise
- None that I could think of at the moment.
|Happy with my race time!|
Tuesday, November 3, 2015
Well, it's official: I'm in a training slump. As of last week, my TrainingPeaks CTL has gone below 40 ---lowest value ever since I started training using the TP tool.
As for the run part, I may register for one more road race probably in early December.
Let's see if we see a positive green line back on that chart again, shall we?
Thursday, October 1, 2015
- Challenging race course
- Sufficient hydration stations
- Sufficient marshals
- SCTEX babyyyy!
- Bike leg measured 57km only against the published 60km (bitin!)
- Lack of long rides at proper training zones. I bonked after about 75% of the bike leg. I had my gel eating schedule on time but my conditioning for the 60km length and at race pace was lacking.
- Be more disciplined in doing my workouts. Although family and work needs to be prioritized, I have to stop being lazy and do my workouts when I have the time.
- More hill sprints/intervals. I lacked the conditioning to run the whole of Run2, knowing that I will suffer in the last 2km hard uphill based on last year's performance. I should've done more.
- Bring my weight down. A lighter bike this year vs 2014 obviously didn't work as I am heavier this year. Tsk, I need to lose 10 or 15lbs....starting now.
|59th out of 82 in my age group. Ugh!!!|