Monday, April 6, 2020

Training Amidst COVID19


Now in the latter half of this government-imposed COVID19 quarantine, I'm making do with training whenever I can.

I'm glad I have an indoor bike trainer setup which enables me to continue base building on my bike form and fitness. With a Trainerroad subscription coupled with a smart strainer (plus with a LOOOT of free time in my hands), I'm still riding.

See the source imageThe one that got hit are my runs, which I'm unfortunately limited to 1 or 2 times a week. I found a small 1k loop in our neighborhood which I try to run on with special attention to #socialdistancing. The loop gets ever boring as the kms tick away so a long run is not really in the cards for me. I'm able to compensate, somewhat, by including dumbbell strength training and HIIT workouts in the week. These are very short indoor workouts but I'm banking on them to help complement my cardio based workouts.

I'm ever positive about this quarantine setup as it'll help reduce unnecessary COVID19 transmissions. Hopefully, a vaccine is made soon.

Take care!

No comments:

Post a Comment