ALASKA CYCLE PHILIPPINES 2016, MoA
This race was forgetable for a lot of things. Power meter battery died before the start of the race. FD broke temporarily on the 1st few kms. Took a pee break. And I was at my heaviest weight coming into this.
The result? A dismal (but still decent IMHO) 1:26:09 finish time which is my worst to date.
DUAMAN 2016, NUVALI
- Good amount of race marshals
- Good amount of aid stations (and Gatorade!)
- Freebies after the race, especially the nice finisher shirt
- Racekit distribution should be done ideally when you register. Not on the day of the race so as not to cause delays
- Race didn't start on time because people arrived late (and had to claim their race kits). Supposed to be 6am but we were flagged off at 6.30am
I wasn't in tip top shape (still! ughhhh) so I had to race this conservatively. The week before I did a simulation (6-20-4, add an extra km at the end for insurance) and did baaaadly on Run2 (bonked actually).
On race day I was able to pull through. The overall time was bad (as expected) but I didn't bonk in Run2 as I was able to manage my gel intake beforehand (1 before gun start, 1 at km5 of Run1, and another 1 10mins before Run2).
Still a lot of work needed, especially on the runs. I still need to inject back those speedwork and tempo runs to have a better race time.
Up next? Possibly a half-marathon. We'll see....