- Flat and fast course good for breaking PRs
- Organized registration (online and on site)
- Scenic race route by the sea
- Bus service (RM30) provided from and to the race venue at designated pickup/dropoff sites
- Brooks shirt included
- Inaccurate distance. Garmin GPS recorded my 10k race as only 9.6km
- Only water was given to the 10k finishers. Energy drink distributors were instructed to provide to 21k and 42k participants only
The race setting was beautiful with a PR for the taking. The problem was me, as usual, as I lacked the speedwork and tempo runs to really prepare for this. Not to make excuses, but I was coming off from being sick several weeks prior which affected my then already improving CTL progress. Thus a PR was not in the books if I looked at my depressing training logs.
I approached the race with caution, aiming for a constant 6:30/km pace. In a nutshell, I started of well but faltered by km8, 9 and 10 (or 9.6k if you will). Finished the race in 1:04+ with 9.6km logged. Feeling "bleh!" was an understatement as I crossed the finish.
With the Duaman duathlon coming up in less than 3 weeks, I will need a lot of work from here 'til then.