Monday, June 6, 2011

Expos - Dislike

I'm starting to dislike running/race expos. The matter of claiming your singlet/racekit should be simple and fast. Adidas KOTR 2009 was such an example. For those of you who were there at SM Megamall Megatrade, it was mayhem just to claim the racekit. The following year, KOTR 2010 scrapped the expo altogether and just gave the racekit upon registration.

I thought that was the last of that.

Well, Mizuno Infinity Run 2011 seemed to have followed suit. I heard that the first day of claiming (Jun2) was mayhem as well so I decided to claim the next day.

From my office in Ortigas, I left lunchtime and drove all the way to Mizuno Magallanes only to be approached by this sign at the lobby:

I tried on the M-size but I felt like a suman (not really a sight to behold if you'll see me race on a singlet of that size).

Time and effort wasted.

Utter disappointment. Again.

I'm starting to hate expos.

7 comments:

  1. buti na lang di ako nag-attempt to register at pumuntang BMG that day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @rainier, I called up Mizuno Megamall (where I reg'd) just now. Sa Wed pa raw darating yung men's singlets. Hay, sablay sablay....

    But don't worry, I won't let this affect my goal for the 10k race this Sat: hopefully a sub-60 (again).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parekoy, sa mga ultras and PAU races, we never have these problems. No expos, but we instead have CLPs. No singlets, but we instead have Finisher's Shirts and huge-ass medals. Hint, hint... : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. What is this Mizuno, i am not getting it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @julius, kooooonting konti na lang, baka bumigay na ako. Pero siguradong may "OW!" sa PAU ano? hehehe...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'm starting to hate mizuno! haha.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Dennis, I went to SM Megamall kaninang lunch to hopefully get my singlet. Anak ng papi, wala na daw men's size L and above! S and M na lang!

    The Mizuno lady will try to ask their Trinoma branch kung may available para ideliver sa Megamall. Hopefully meron na tomorrow.

    Sigh....

    ReplyDelete