- Accurate distance
- Adequate water supply
- Good marshal work
- Nice route that took the 10k runners to the Buendia flyover (pleasant surprise)
- Loot bag
- P100.00 refund for the reg fee was given
- Small crowd which is what I liked since many may have been at MoA for the Sofitel run
- 5am gunstart was moved to 5:30am
- No energy drink at the aid stations, especially for the 21k runners
My 10k race time was at 1:01+, confirming that I have lots to go in terms of getting back into good running shape. I was focused at most parts of the run but my body was obviously not well tuned to maintain sub-6:00/km pace. There were lots of climbs along the BGC race route which was challenging enough, with my HRM reporting 155-160 on these climbs. Average HR for the race was at 153, showing that I really gave a good effort in this tune-up race. An upside for me here was that I managed not to take in any gel for the race so all that energy was from the chicken inasal last night, hehehe.
Well, no excuses. I lack the training so I didn't deserve to get a sub-60 time.
Back to training...