Thursday, December 5, 2013

2013 Natl Dua C'Ships: Post-Analysis

Good thing that I recorded the 2012 and 2013 versions of the Duathlon Championships in Subic on my Garmin and towards Garmin Connect. Now, I can exactly see how poorly I performed this year:



Green marks indicate improvement while red, well, show where I exactly sucked.

For a split second, I thought that I improved vastly on the bike (as in my previous post). However, the 5:20 improvement above was only because the bike leg this year shortened by about a km or two (since the turn around point was at PureGold, and not at the middle of Yacht club and Remy Field). If I look at average pace, the 2013 bike pace would've improvement only slightly from last year'ss 26kph version. Even with the better bike setup, nada. I guess the extra 5lb body weight could be the culprit.

Run1 and Run2 obviously contributed a lot to my downfall on this race, especially Run2. Getting off the bike, I was not as fresh as I was in 2012 when I started Run2 this year. I could only imagine how I was able to run 28:14 on that last 5k last year. 

Sigh.

Lack of time to run due to pressing work, sickness, and that groin injury. I guess I have all the excuses to back me up. But I won't hide behind 'em as I know that I lacked the will to press my pace when I should've. This'll only make me train harder for next year. Bring back the structure on my runs (tempo, speed, long, etc.) please!

For the bike, as @paopedal mentioned over BBM, I will need to extend my long rides from the usual 40km to a challenging 70km (my longest is only a 60k which I did only once). Gulp!

"Over reach, but not over train, " he said. Wise words from the TeamFranzia cyclist.

Well I ran a tempo this morning (1k warmup, 4k tempo, 1k cooldown). It's not one of my trademark tempo runs, but it's a good start. It's off season so it's a good time to build myself again in time for next year's duathlons and run races.

Back to training we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment