Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Finishing Kick II

The 10,000m race below was held just recently in the IAAF World Championships in Daegu. The heavy favorite was Mo Farah, one of the UK's famous running elites.

The video starts with the last 400m (last lap) of the race, with Mo Farah starting his final kick. Unbeknownst to him, Ibrahim Jeilan of Ethiopia made pursuit.

It's incredible to watch such amazing athletes run their heart out to finish first, something that I've experienced (in a small, untelevised way, hehe) when I ran in some races. I won some, and lost some too ---all for the unprecious, no-prize hundredth of a place in the finishers' list.

But the video that plays over and over again on my mind recalling that mini duel as I drive back home?

Priceless.


No comments:

Post a Comment