Thursday, September 22, 2016

BikeKing Duathlon 2016: Pre-Race Thoughts


I *think* I'm better prepared for this one now versus last month's race. CTL is on the upper 50s however TSB might be too much on the negative side due to cramming for workouts that I did for the past 4-6 days. However, I needed it (especially the 50k ride last Sunday @ Nuvali) to boost me mentally in preparation for this weekend's 60k SCTEX ride.

I kept the weight at a manageable level and my runs are quite better especially after that hill repeat session last week. That will probably be useful as the SCTEX Run1 and Run2 legs comprise of killer inclines on the latter part of the runs.

The short aerobars I borrowed from our newspaper boy slash weekend cyclist may prove to be helpful on the Bike leg this weekend too, as the aeroness should help during the SCTEX descents for more speed for less watts.

This is the 4th time I'm joining this race. My A-race for this year. Hoping to get a decent time on this one although my 3:29 PR might be a challenging one to beat.

SCTEX here I come (again)!

No comments:

Post a Comment