Tuesday, June 17, 2014

TrainingPeaks PMC Review


Looking at my TP Performance Manager Chart (PMC), it only confirms that I've plateaued in terms of training since late April. There are a number of reasons/excuses as to why this happened but I'll spare you the details. The main thing is that I am becoming concerned of the 6-day workout a week routine vs my body's capability of handling the continuously increasing training volume.


I am learning a lot from my coach, but at times it seems that this 40-yr old body isn't what it used to be 10 or 20 years ago. I may need to throttle down on the training to have enough time for my body to recover, possibly a 2-day rest per week will be sufficient for recovery and changing the routine.

In the meantime, my A-races are coming up in September and November, so I think there's still enough time to suck it up and follow the training plan being sent by my coach. Hopefully my PM chart improves by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment