Thursday, November 24, 2011

Training Log Recap (Oct31 - Nov24)

Oct31-Nov6 = 50km. This included the 25+7km run (NB Power Run). This was the highest weekly total that I've had training for marathon #3 thanks to that 32km Sunday long run.

Nov7-13 = 13km. Weekly total drastically dropped. There was unscheduled added workload in the office due to recent merger news. I was sleeping late and even worked on a Sat just to finish some of the work. I was just too tired mentally and physically to get up in the morning and run. Planned final long run >20km had to be dropped.

Nov14-20 = 19km. The office work slowly adjusted back to normal, but I caught the flu and had to call off training for several days. Another dismal week of training.

For this week I've managed 17km so far (as of today, Thursday) and hope to log two more workouts (Fri and Sun) to get my weekly total to 41km. Marathon #3 is Sunday next week (Dec 4) so I hope to put in a few more quality workouts this week (an 8k tempo and a 16km long run).

Based on the marathon-pace workouts I've done (adding to that the terrible mental condition I was in for the past few weeks as mentioned above), running 7:00/km even pace for 42km straight would be a heavy task. I need to tinker my pace plan on splitting the race into two sections: 32km and then the last 10km. On race day, if all goes well after 32k, I hope to run a negative split on the last 10k to finish below 5 hours. Said pace-plan will be tested this Sunday on my long run.

I started following @RunningQuotes on Twitter a few weeks ago. Their quotes have been inspiring during this training plan, especially now that I feel lazy to wake up most of the mornings just to haul my ass out of the door and run. Here's a few that I liked:

"Anyone can run 20 miles. It's the next six that count." - Barry Magee

I'm not running this #race to win, but to give it everything I got.

"#Run the mile you are in." ~ via @ryanhall3

Not all runs require a garmin and music. Sometimes it needs to be you and the ground #runningtip

The greatest danger for most of us is not that we aim too high & miss it, but we aim too low & reach it. ~Michelangelo


And, my favorite (which I think sums up my plan for marathon #3):

"In the first half of the race, don't be an idiot. In the second half, don't be a wimp." via @runnersworld #truth #run

Oh, before I go, I just wanna say that I love this video from Saucony. I'm not endorsing Saucony (although I am a convert to natural/minimalist running), but the way they shot this guy while he ran looked very inspiring.



It does make you wanna run now, doesn't it?

No comments:

Post a Comment