Monday, February 6, 2012

SKECHERS 1, NIKE 0

Right after Meb’s win at last month’s US Olympic Trials in Houston, the web was overwhelmed with articles on his famous win. Meb, winner of the 2009 NYC Marathon, raced two 42k races in a span of 60 days ---PR’ed in both races to boot.

One article that I loved was this one from AthletesInCourt in which SKECHERS scored one over NIKE big time.

I guess endorsements are profitable not only for the shoe company but for the runner as well. Both achieve a name-recall, including myself who’s a follower of @runmeb. In fact, since my Vibram Bikilas are nearing its end (533km so far) and about to end my base-training as well, I’m now thinking of buying the SKECHERS GORun as my speedwork/tempo shoe to complement my Brooks Pureflow.

Mr. Quiggly agrees.

No comments:

Post a Comment